Tuesday, January 2, 2007

Welcome!

I can't remember a time when music wasn't the centre of my life, or a time when jazz wasn't my first love. I listen to all kinds of music, but jazz remains the constant - and I'm sure it always will.

I find the story of jazz and the lives of jazz composers and musicians almost as compelling as the music itself, and I love to share my knowledge of jazz and get others started on the same path.

I'm lucky to live in Toronto, Canada, home to JAZZ.FM91, one of just six real jazz radio stations in North America. Every other Tuesday for the past few months I've had the chance to appear on the air during Ralph Benmurgui's morning show, where I talk about milestone musicians, recordings and events in the history of jazz.

JAZZ.FM91 logo


(If you have iTunes on your computer, click here to listen to JAZZ.FM91's live webcast.)

That's the reason why I started this blog - not just to share my enthusiasm for jazz but to share the playlists from my JAZZ.FM appearances. Please enjoy them, and feel free to share your comments with me - and your suggestions for what you'd like to hear me talk about in future appearances! In the past few months, I've profiled Oliver Nelson, Buddy Rich, Dick Hyman, Dave Brubeck and more - just scratching the surface of all the great music and stories that are out there. Share your suggestons with me!